Llanddewi Skirrid Village Hall:
Conditions of Hire
Also available as MSWord download:
Llanddewi Skirrid Village Hall - Conditions of hire.doc
- The hall will not be let to anyone under the age of 18 years and a responsible
person not less than 18 years of age must be present in the hall throughout the
period of hiring.
- The taking of illegal drugs and/or substance abuse in any form is strictly
prohibited on the hall’s premises and grounds.
- Smoking is prohibited in any part of the hall and any cigarette ends or other
litter outside the hall must be removed.
- Hirers must show respect for the hall’s neighbours including, but not limited
to, ensuring that there is no excessive noise from activities inside or in the
area surrounding the hall. The hall is licensed for music and dancing only for
the hours of 09.00 to 24.00 (Monday to Friday), 09.00 to 23.45 (Saturday) and
19.00 to 22.30 (Sunday).
- All floors must be swept and, where necessary, washed after use and all rubbish
must be taken away from the premises immediately after the booking.
- At the end of the hiring period the instructions in the ‘closing up’ checklist
must be followed. Any damage to the equipment or fabric of the hall arising
during the period of hiring and any malfunction of equipment must be notified at
the time that the key is returned. Repairs or replacements required as a result
of damage to the equipment or fabric of the hall will be charged at cost.
- Drawing pins, nails etc. must not be used to secure decorations etc..
- Duplicates of the hall keys must not be made.
Use of Equipment:
- Chairs and tables taken from the storage room must be returned there after use
and stacked tidily.
- Cutlery, crockery and any other kitchen equipment must be washed and dried
thoroughly after use before replacing in storage cupboards.
- The cooker, worktops, sink and draining board must be left in a clean condition.
- Any electrical equipment brought into the hall must covered by a current test
Safety and Security
- The hall is licensed for a maximum of 90 persons.
- Hirers should familiarise themselves with the hall, especially the emergency
exits and location and operation of the fire extinguishers.
- The outer front door of the hall must remain fixed fully open at all times when
people are in the hall.
- No obstructions must be allowed to hinder any of the three emergency exits from
- All children visiting the hall must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Responsibilities and Liabilities
- It is the responsibility of hirers to ensure that they have appropriate and
adequate insurance cover in respect of their activities whilst on the premises.
- The Administrative Committee of the hall does not accept any liability for
injury suffered or loss or damage incurred as a result of the hirer’s occupation
of the hall, the surrounding grounds or car park nor from misuse of any of the
equipment in the hall.
- The Administrative Committee of the hall does not accept any liability for loss
or damage arising from its cancellation or termination of a hiring for whatever
- The hirer indemnifies in full the Administrative Committee for any cost, claim
or penalty arising as a result of the hiring.
Issued: 30 June 2004
Bookings forms should be returned to the Lettings Secretary: Mrs M Bennett,
Middle House, Llanddewi Skirrid, Abergavenny NP7 8AW. Queries concerning any
aspect of use of the Hall should be addressed to Mrs Bennett (01873 852744 or